It seems that the manga written and illustrated by tomohito ode, Komi-san wa, Komyushou Desu (Komi Can’t Communicate) is “reviving” after a series of slightly absurd arcs that did not advance either the plot in general or the relationship between Tadano and Komi. With the current arc, Tadano’s first love, Kawai Rami, who rejected him in high school with the aim of making Tadano understand that he had to stop being a chuunibyou, has returned. (the “eighth grade syndrome”, which describes adolescents with too much imagination, so much so that they mix it with reality).
In fact, the description of the character has already been updated to date, as it writes:
- In her second year of high school, Kawai had a crush on Tadano, but she was forced to reject her confession because she thought that Tadano would have been filled with pride and believe that being a chuunibyou was the right path if she had said yes.. She rejected him on the pretext that she thought chuunibyous were embarrassing, which was what made Tadano form her current personality. However, as a result, she cried in bed for three days and three nights.
The most important development took place on November 16, however, the manga took a week off, so there was no new chapter in the November 23 issue of the magazine. Weekly Shōnen Sunday. Thus, fans have to wait until November 30 to see how the rivalry between Shouko Komi and Kawai Rami progresses.
And what rivalry are we referring to? It turns out that Kawai Rami did not expect Tadano to get a girlfriend in high school, as his plan involved them meeting again after high school, with Tadano having corrected his personality, and their relationship finally blossoming. Thus, Komi is an obstacle in Kawai’s plans, who seems to be pressuring her to end her relationship with Tadano while maintaining her “perfect personality” to others.
In fact, in the most recent chapter there was a competition between Kawai and Komi, the former being the winner. The chapter in question closed with Kawai and Komi in the bathrooms, with the first stating: «I still like Tadano-kun and I won our competition. So now you have to break up with him».
Of course, there is the possibility that Oda will make a change to the scene and say that “it was all a joke”, but fans are already reacting to the intervention of a new character and the fact that the story finally seems to have a course:
- «So early in the morning and I’m already pissed off».
- «God forgive her, because I can’t».
- «I know that Tadano will never break up with Komi».
- «Ah gee, did they replace the author?».
- «Damn, a character development forced through a rejection, it’s too cruel».
- «If Komi proposes to Tadano to break their relationship just because of this, Tadano should accept. Why do I say it? Because Komi would be accepting that Kawai deserves it more, without bothering to ask Tadano’s opinion.».
- «Finally this shit gets interesting».
- «Wow, the painful wait for boring arcs is finally paying off».
- «I knew it, neither of them deserves Tadano if Komi thinks about the option of finishing for even a second. As always, Najimi is the best option for Tadano. Why do you think Najimi started dressing like a girl in high school after Tadano was rejected in middle school?».
- «I have a feeling that Kawai will ask Yamai to cooperate with her in separating Tadano and Komi. Kawai can simply tell Yamai “Let’s work together to sabotage their relationship. I’ll take care of Tadano and you of Komi. Deal?” and boom, we have two torpedoes full of potential capable of sinking the Tadano x Komi battleship. If Oda-sensei were to continue that story like this, then dammit, this story is getting interesting.».
- «Stop, we’ve already been through one love triangle, we don’t need another».
- «The direction it’s taking, it’s so predictable. They will have this whole pointless fight and in the end Tadano will be the one to push Kawai away. I mean all this time the plot was not developing, Tadano and Komi are dating. But what follows, this pointless fight would strengthen their relationship (Tadano X Komi) instead».
- «Why must Komi always suffer? First Rumi and now this clown? This author loves to make her suffer. Why does Tadano have no rivals? And Tadano is missing eggs. He should have told her to shut up from the first moment when that clown said that he had her instead of Komi. I’m sick of only Komi fighting in this relationship. And people keep calling this ballless asshole “the best leading man”».
- «I would love for Tadano to finally come to his senses and make Kawai see reason. Komi has to learn to deal with her opponents and not treat everyone as potential friends, but Tadano has to be a man sometimes and protect the girl from him. Also, he and Kawai have nothing between them, only the pain of past memories. This whole set is ridiculous. And unnecessary…».
Synopsis of Komi-san wa, Komyushou desu
It’s Shouko Komi’s first day at the prestigious Itan Private Institute, and she’s already become the Madonna of the school. With her long black hair and her tall and elegant appearance, she captures the attention of anyone who crosses her path. However, there is a problem: despite her popularity, Shouko is terrible at communicating with others. Hitohito Tadano is your typical high school boy. With his life motto of “reading the situation and making sure to stay out of trouble”, he quickly discovers that sitting next to Shouko has made him the enemy of everyone in his class.
One day, accidentally passed out, Hitohito wakes up to the sound of Shouko’s “meow”. He lies saying that he didn’t hear anything, which makes Shouko run off. But before she can escape, Hitohito guesses that Shouko isn’t able to talk to others easily; in fact, he has never been able to make a single friend. Hitohito decides to help Shouko in her goal of making a hundred friends so that she can overcome her communication disorder.