Little by little we are getting used to the cold weather of autumn, between the fact that the rains occasionally surprise us in the Chilango territory, we have no choice but to shelter at home. With the low temperatures it is craving to consume traditional beverages like atole but what better if they can be accompanied with a sweet and easy to prepare dessert.
Jellies will always be the sweet desserts that we can prepare at home without much complication, make combinations to experience different flavors and thus have the rrecipe to share with our family.
The Maria cookies are a very popular type of cookie in America and Europe, it is believed that these They were created in 1874 in London, England.to celebrate the marriage between Grand Duchess Maria Alexandrovna of Russia and Prince Alfred I of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, son of Queen Victoria, were created by Peek Freansan English company dedicated to the production of biscuits.
Years later, these cookies became very popular in several European countries and their consumption spread to a large part of the American continent. Currently these cookies are widely consumed in our country, either to enjoy them alone, as an accompaniment to some hot drink such as coffee or atole, but they are also used for the preparation of different desserts. On this occasion, we want to share with you the recipe for gelatin Maria cookies with a simple preparation, Without further ado, check the ingredients and the procedure.
Maria biscuit jelly
- 280 gr of Marias biscuits
- 380 gr of condensed milk
- 360 gr of evaporated milk
- 4 cups of milk of your choice (whole, skim, etc.)
- 190 gr of cream cheese
- 7 gr of gelatin
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup of cajeta envinada
- ½ cup of water
- The preparation of this dessert is very simple. Begin by adding the evaporated milk, condensed milk, whole milk (you can add your preference), and the Maria cookies to the blender. Blend until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- Continue with gelatin hydration. In half a cup of water add 7 grams of gelatin and stir until completely dissolved. Let rest for approximately 5 minutes. When it is hydrated, take it to the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Later add cream cheese, essence of vanilla, cajeta envinada (if you don’t want this dessert to be very sweet you can omit this ingredient), when the gelatin is ready add it to the mixture and blend again.
- In a container or gelatin mold, pour the previous preparation and refrigerate for 6 hours or until the gelatin has set.
- Serve and enjoy this simple dessert in the company of your family.