Did you know that all Mexican dishes can enter a healthy and balanced diet?
September, a month that for many people is “all or nothing”, some will avoid eating the typical snacks at all costs, while others will eat them all month No regrets.
The basis of the Mexican diet In addition to being nutritious, it is economical. since it includes foods such as corn, beans, nopal, tomato, chili, etc. These foods provide us with calcium, iron, fiber, vitamin C, among others.
So why do many people avoid or demonize them when their ingredients are actually nutritious? This is because, although the ingredients are good and nutritious, the type of preparation is what makes the amount of calories rise since many times these foods are weathered, in addition to being consumed in excess.
A healthy way to eat these foods is prevent such executions, for example: instead of consuming fried toast, prefer baked ones and instead of accompanying them with cream, do it with beans that give you fiber, iron, vegetable protein and carbohydrates; or avocado instead, which is a healthy fat.
Small changes in your diet can make a big difference and make snacks a meal nutritious and balanced.
Then I leave you others tips for to enjoy of typical Mexican food:
- Take good care of the portions.
- It always includes three food groups, protein, carbohydrates and fats.
- Try that your appetizers are homemade.
- avoid preparations fries.
- Choose lean protein such as chicken breast, cottage cheese, or beef.
- opt for vegetables to accompany your dishes such as nopal, pumpkin flower, pico de gallo, pepper, pumpkin, onion, cilantro among others.
“Life is to eat here not to take away” – Ximena Godínez
Enjoy this season and our Mexican gastronomy without remorse, remember that food In addition to calories, they are moments.