This is the home that left virtually 3 million folks in Argentina with out electrical energy

On Avenida Eva Perón at 6900, within the Buenos Aires district of San Martín, there are a number of mild posts by which there are nonetheless traces of the final legislative elections. They have rectangular white papers caught with giant letters in blue capital letters that say “ALL”, with the picture of a solar changing the letter O, adopted by the official marketing campaign phrase: “The life we ​​want.”

More than a dozen electrical energy cables cling from the poles that don’t exceed three meters in top.

Around, the development of homes with uncovered bricks that coexist inside centimeters of these grows energy strains. Only probability needed the huge energy outage that yesterday left 700 thousand customers with out provide has not occurred earlier than. At least that’s the conclusion that was left to LA NACION after touring the place and speaking with the neighbors who noticed the start of the blackout.

Yesterday at 1:10 p.m. there was a brand new file of electrical energy consumption in Argentina, when the thermometer within the metropolitan space of ​​Buenos Aires (AMBA) marked 33.3 ° C. System demand reached 27,234 megawatts (MW) and surpassed the earlier peak, produced simply two weeks earlier, on December 29.


When there are such excessive calls for on electrical energy, the cables warmth up and buckle, making a downward curve that brings them down a number of inches from their common location. When this bodily phenomenon is mixed with building with out planning and with out state management, the result’s a catastrophe.

Ricardo Yapura employed the web supplier Soluciones Inalámbricas SN 5 years in the past, which put in an antenna on the terrace of his two-story home. Yesterday at midday, that antenna short-circuited with Edenor’s 220kV high-voltage line, which hyperlinks the Morón transformer stations with Malaver’s. Instantly, an electrical arc occurred in the home of Mónica Motta, her neighbor who is 2 homes away, and began a hearth. This mixture of occasions took the facility firm’s cables out of service. It was the origin of the blackout, in keeping with Edenor defined.

Motta is a person of the distributor, like Yapura. All the properties situated on the block have meters and obtain their electrical energy payments, which vary from $ 1,500 to $ 6,000 monthly. They are homes the place the pure fuel by way of the community doesn’t arrive and so they should be equipped with carafes, that are dearer. Therefore, electrical energy is your foremost supply of power in summer season and winter.

Both neighbors have lived for greater than 20 years within the La Esmeralda neighborhood, in San Martín. Between them there’s one other home the place, lower than six months in the past, the partitions of what was to be a 3rd flooring have been constructed. Yesterday, after the incident occurred, Edenor technicians had him minimize 4 rows of 12-centimeter bricks, which have been virtually touching the high-tension cables.


“A loud explosion was heard that made the whole house move. We instantly ran out of power, ”Yapura tells LA NACION, who describes that a part of the partitions of the second-floor room have been black. “My wife was with the boys. Luckily the two girls, who usually use the computer, were in the colony. I don’t know what would have happened to them if not, because all the internet cable that connects it was burned, “he adds.

Yapura was lucky her house didn’t catch fire. He says it was thanks to the neighbors who came quickly to contain the situation. “I’ve lived here for 20 years, I do remis and mechanics work. Everyone knows me and came to help, that’s why I just burned little things, ”he says with reduction.


At 9 o’clock at evening the electrical energy had already returned to the home. “The Virgen del Valle helps me rather a lot,” he adds. Your next step is to call the internet company to install a new antenna, since they took the old one, which had caused the short circuit. “They stated it was higher to place it up there to have extra sign,” he says.

Monica Motta, however, was not so lucky. The short circuit generated a magnetic discharge on the home television and set fire to the entire room of his daughters, a bathroom and part of another room. The fire burned the closet with the girls’ clothes, beds and a computer, in addition to the television.

“My two-year-six-month-old son had been in that room for a few minutes before the explosion looking at little pictures. Then he went to the pool where the rest of the boys were and luckily there were no injuries ”, he says. While talking with LA NACION, a neighbor comes to donate a bag with clothes for the daughters, who lost all their belongings.


Your partner, meanwhile, has the hammer in hand and is installing the new cables and light fixtures. It cost the family almost $ 40,000 to buy all the tools, which they got quickly thanks to a loan from a friend locksmith. Neither the Edenor inspectors nor the Civil Defense inspectors, who were the ones who visited the place yesterday, guaranteed them financial aid.

The firefighters and the police also approached, but there were no inspectors from the municipality, led by Fernando Moreira, or from the National Electricity Regulatory Entity (ENRE), intervened by Soledad Manin, despite the fact that the incident left 700,000 users without electricity. .

* The Grupo de Diarios América (GDA), to which it belongs THE UNIVERSAL, is a number one media community based in 1991, which promotes democratic values, unbiased press and freedom of expression in Latin America by way of high quality journalism for our audiences.

vare / rcr

Source link

About Staff

Check Also

Havana says it’s doing ‘every thing doable’ for the discharge of the Cuban physician kidnapped in Haiti and denies that she was on a ‘mission’

The Embassy of Cuba in Haiti confirmed this Wednesday on his Twitter account the kidnapping …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *