The Ministry of Public Health (MINSAP) of Cuba introduced this Wednesday new protocols for dealing with COVID-19 After the unfold of infections within the nation accelerated in latest weeks, particularly with the advance of the Omicron variant.
According to the official web site of MINSAP, the sequencing research of the SARS-CoV-2 virus in Cuba carried out by the “Pedro Kourí” Institute of Tropical Medicine warn in a preliminary means that Ómicron is the prevalent variant within the nation and has displaced others, just like the Delta.
Likewise, they affirm that the prognostic fashions of the illness present a speedy progress within the variety of confirmed circumstances, with excessive peaks and a pointy decline in mid-March.
They additionally level out that “the transmissibility of the Omicron variant exceeds Delta, therefore, an increase in cases is expected to continue, which will not be in the same proportion of the report of serious, critical and deceased “.
According to MINSAP, “despite the complex situation, the country has strengths to face the new outbreak of the virus, highlighting the vaccination strategy.”
The be aware insists that the appliance of three doses of nationally produced vaccines and the booster dose, along with different actions to make sure compliance with hygienic-sanitary measures, “contribute to the control of the spread of the disease” within the nation .
Coronavirus circumstances detected in Cuba up to now in January elevated by greater than a thousand % greater than these recognized throughout all of December, after reporting within the first week of this month a complete of 10,934.
Given this epidemiological context, the MINSAP alleged, “it is necessary to update the established protocols and adopt measures that allow a rational use of diagnostic tests, guarantee preventive and therapeutic drugs and redefine criteria for entry into the healthcare network.”
Below we reproduce in full the checklist of measures adopted by MINSAP:
For COVID-19 surveillance:
– An antigen check (speedy analysis) will probably be out there within the emergency companies.
– Cases that come to the system for signs suggestive of COVID-19 (throat irritation, nasal congestion, dry cough, muscle aches, fever, lack of style or scent, fatigue) will probably be examined for antigen (speedy analysis). If it’s optimistic, it’s thought-about suspicious and a pattern is taken for PCR.
– Those who current a suitable medical image of the illness and the antigen check is adverse, will probably be remoted (in keeping with the established protocol) and after 48 hours, in the event that they proceed with a medical image with out favorable evolution, a pattern is taken for PCR.
– Only a confirmed case of COVID-19 will probably be thought-about an individual with a optimistic PCR end result.
Contacts of confirmed COVID-19 circumstances:
– Direct or first-order contacts with signs will probably be studied by antigen check (SUMA), as quickly as their contact situation is thought. If the result’s optimistic, PCR will probably be carried out, whether it is adverse, it’s discarded. If the PCR is optimistic, it’s thought-about a confirmed case.
– No research (Antigen Test and PCR) will probably be carried out for admission to hospital establishments, nor for the efficiency of surgical procedures or invasive assessments (tomographies, MRIs, endoscopies and others).
– Asymptomatic individuals is not going to be studied.
– No research will probably be performed to discharge energetic sufferers.
In addition, preventive pharmacological measures will probably be carried out for the present stage, which decide the method for the usage of medicine:
Use of Nasalferon preventive within the following danger teams:
– Pregnant ladies admitted to the Maternity Home.
– Pregnant contacts of optimistic circumstances.
– Elderly inmates in Homes for the Elderly.
– Patients older than 60 years interned in Psychopedagogical Medical Centers.
– People over 50 years of age in Social Protection Centers.
Biomodulin T will probably be utilized to pregnant ladies in an intervention examine format and to older adults in nursing houses and the Transfer Factor to immunocompromised youngsters, in keeping with medical indications.
Patients who meet the next standards will probably be admitted to the well being care community:
– All youngsters underneath two years of age.
– Children with incomplete or unvaccinated vaccination schedule, no matter their age and medical image.
– Pediatric sufferers with danger elements that in keeping with medical analysis are revenue tax.
– All pregnant and postpartum ladies.
– People not vaccinated (for no matter cause).
– Patients, no matter age and vaccination standing, who resulting from their medical signs and comorbidities are revenue tax, after analysis within the corresponding healthcare unit.
For asymptomatic sufferers or sufferers with gentle signs and an entire vaccination schedule, the next protocols are referred:
– All suspected (medical and epidemiology) and confirmed sufferers who’re asymptomatic or current gentle signs (that don’t fall into the aforementioned classes) will probably be admitted to the house or will probably be left in dwelling isolation and watched ready in Primary Health Care.
– This sort of affected person is topic to basic sanitary hygiene measures and expectant and vigilant conduct.
Just every week in the past, the Cuban authorities strengthened worldwide well being management measures for vacationers that arrive within the nation and offered different basic rules, given the rising enhance in December of optimistic circumstances to the coronavirus, after the reopening of nationwide borders a month earlier.