A 76-year-old man suffers first and second diploma burns in Yabucoa attributable to an obvious gasoline leak

A 76-year-old man suffered burns on his physique this morning once you had been about to make use of a gasoline range at his residence positioned within the Vivita sector of the Playita neighborhood in Yabucoa, the Police reported.

According to the preliminary data, a name to the 9-1-1 Emergency System alerted to a fireplace within the terrace kitchen space behind the residence.

The Fire Department indicated in a tweet that the incident seems to be attributable to a gasoline leak.

The injured occasion was recognized as Carmelo Delgado Pagán, 76, who was initially transported to the Mennonite Hospital in that city, the place he was identified first and second diploma burns on 40% to 50% of your physique.

Later, he was referred to the Río Piedras Medical Center in steady situation, however described as delicate.

Firefighter William Merced, from the Yabucoa Fire Station, extinguished the hearth.

Agent Julio Sánchez from the Yabucoa district carried out the investigation of this incident and the Humacao Area Explosives Division was notified.

This is the third incident in lower than per week involving a fireplace in a residence the place there was gasoline.

The first was the explosion at a residence in Las Piedras that resulted within the demise of Eliezerth Seda and Janine Goldthorpe. Meanwhile, the second was reported final Sunday in a residence within the Luis Muñoz Marín urbanization, in San Lorenzo.

In the San Lorenzo incident, an 87-year-old man suffered burns to 70% of his physique, whereas his 85-year-old spouse suffered well being problems from inhaling smoke.

However, in not one of the instances have the authorities decided, categorically, that the gasoline was the set off for an explosion or hearth.

In Las Piedras, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF, in English) refused to point {that a} gasoline leak was what brought about the explosion. There had been three gasoline cylinders within the residence and none had been affected. At the time of this publication, the authorities had not reported the results of the investigation.

Nor had they completed so within the San Lorenzo incident, since what the Fire Department indicated is that it was believed that the hearth occurred attributable to a gasoline leak.

Source link

About Staff

Check Also

Audits of the Chamber of Accounts throw extra mud at Alexis Medina and former officers

Recent audits by the Chamber of Accounts have additional aggravated the legal scenario of Juan …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *